Audubon Park Garden District has an eclectic historical past.
The neighborhood was developed first by the Fairview Home Company as Lakewood Estates in 1911. In 1928 Orlando Executive Airport opened as the Orlando Municipal Airport, it was the first commercial airport in central Florida.
The United States Army Air Corps took control of the airport in 1940 for use as a training facility and renamed it the Orlando Army Air Base.
In 1956 the Corrine Drive shopping plazas were built in sections with the understanding that the rooftops would be reinforced with steel and concrete in order to sustain the weigh of helicopters so they could airlift out personnel in case of nuclear attack.
We are home to the North Kiwanis Little League, the longest running little league in the United States.
Our district is home to predominantly individually owned independent businesses.